- The play – a botched punt returned for a touchdown as time expired
- The players – a punter who went from hero to zero, and a defender who wound up hospitalized
- The aftermath – the reaction to heartbreak and outlook moving forward
- Leading teams in the ACC and Big 12 won without drama. Crazy stat to know on the #2 Baylor offense: the Bears set a record by scoring 56 or more points in their first six games. Star wide receiver Corey Coleman already has 16 touchdown catches, more than all but 13 teams.
- The state of California has one remaining playoff contender, Stanford. The #15 Cardinal dealt #18 UCLA its second loss on Thursday night, a game most memorable for this jaw-dropping catch by Francis Owusu:
The latest AP Top-25 (including three undefeated teams from the American Athletic Conference)
The story of ‘Marlins Man’
If you’re watching the baseball playoffs, you may notice a seemingly out of place fan. Laurence Leavy, an attorney from Miami, is better known as ‘Marlins Man.’ He wears aggressive orange Marlins gear to all kinds of sporting events, a practice he says isn’t for notoriety, but rather so his friends and associates can spot him on TV.
For many years, Leavy was a season ticket holder through his company in Miami and often gave away tickets to clients. That was until he was misdiagnosed with liver cancer, causing him to reevaluate his life. In that period, he made it a mission to embrace the experience of attending sporting events himself and began attending the very best events in the very best seats. Once he realized how unique this experience could be, he set out to make this opportunity possible for others. He now invites friends, colleagues and even strangers to accompany him in his high-profile seats.